Do you find that with all the nutrition information that you are bombarded with that you tune out and totally ignore how you are eating? I get it, so why not listen to something that is EASY to remember and implement?
All you have to remember is SelfLove Health and Wellness' “3 every 3” rule.
1) Eat approximately every 2-3 hours, max 3 hours.
2) Think of each 3 hour eating period as a small meal (throw out breakfast, lunch and dinner). Planning meals is easier when you’re not focusing on the type of food you “should” be eating. Hummus and veggies at 10 am? Why not! Eggs for dinner? YUM!
3) Each meal should consist of A) Fibre B) Protein C) Healthy fats
Easy peasy lemon squeezey!
Here are three meal ideas to help you:
- Protein shake with unsweetened coconut milk (healthy fat), protein powder (protein), spinach (fibre), 1/2 banana (fibre) and natural peanut butter (healthy fat).
- Field greens (fibre), cashews (healthy fat and protein), chicken breast (protein) and homemade dressing of olive oil (fat) and balsamic vinegar.
- Apple slices (fibre) with almond butter (fat and protein)
Have cravings? Dietary restrictions? Don’t know where or how to start? I’ve been there, sang in the choir and now lead others to healthier lives. Let’s create a personalized plan based on your needs, likes and lifestyle (no cookie cutter plan here!).